Folic acid is a B vitamin, it is an essential vitamin for the development of a healthy foetus. The NHS recommend 400mg of Folic Acid when trying for a baby and also during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. This is when the baby is developing its spine. Folic acid deficiency can result in tiredness, weakness, diarrhoea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
Folic Acid helps:
1. Reduce birth defects (neural tube defects)
2. Bodies produce and maintain new cells
3. Minimise the risk of stroke
4. Reduce high blood pressure
5. Depression (from folate deficiency)
Each tablet is 8mm round and weights 225mg, making them easy to swallow.