Acerola is also known as the Barbados cherry. It is renowned for its natural vitamin C content, upto 65 times that of oranges. Our wildcrafted and organic raw ripe acerola cherries are an excellent source of powerful antioxidants, carotenoids and flavonoids.
• Healthy vision
• Improvement of skin health and anti-aging
• Powerful natural antioxidant
• Healthy blood vessels, increases circulation
• Acts as a very effective energizer and health rejuvenater
• Increases the absorption of iron
• Reduces allergic reactions
• Highly effective for weight loss by regulating metabolism
• Protects against blood clotting and bruising
• Promotes the healing of wounds and burns
Acerola has a distinct sweet/sour taste due to the high vitamin C content.
Our Acerola berries are grown and harvested in Brazil, which is one of the world’s largest producers of Acerola. We harvest the berries when they are still green as this way they hold twice as much vitamin C as the ripened fruits. We then freeze dry the berries within 3 – 5 days to preserve as much of the nutritional content as possible. The berries are then milled to a fine powder, screened and then packed.